These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Web PVR: How do I display programmes added to cache in most recent update?

user-1892

I use the WebPVR.

Prior to version 3.03/3.04 a list of added programmes was shown after the cache was refreshed. Now only the number of programmes added is shown. In the documentation it states that in order to show this list now I have to add --verbose to the command.

Setting verbose 1 in the options file does indeed show the programme list but it gets buried in pages and pages of other output.

Is there an easy switch that I can apply to show just the list of programmes after a cache refresh?

thanks
BGB

user-2

Use the "Added Since (hours)" option to constrain searches to recently-added programmes.

user-1957

I liked the programs being listed on Refresh, as it only showed the new ones. I am now using the added since search but its no where near as efficient to search this way. I typically search last 24 hours (to ensure I don't miss programs) so get around 50 pages that I need to search for any new programs of interest.

it would be great if the programs listed since last refresh could be restored.

Thanks.

user-1975

(27-10-2017, 10:29 AM)I liked the programs being listed on Refresh, as it only showed the new ones.  I am now using the added since search but its no where near as efficient to search this way.  I typically search last 24 hours (to ensure I don't miss programs) so get around 50 pages that I need to search for any new programs of interest.

it would be great if the programs listed since last refresh could be restored.

Thanks.

Yes,
I also used to find the list of additions to the cache upon Refresh tremendously useful.
An essential feature, even.
It helped me to find programs I wanted to watch or hear very quicky.
Much more quickly than having to traipse through the Web PVR GUI

IMO, it would be very beneficial it if could be restored as it was, at least as an option.

Please?

Lnz

PS I see that this thread has been marked as "Solved".
Is this because the function has been restored in a future release or because it has not and will not?

user-1976

I too am reliant upon these listings - for t.v. and radio programmes added to the cache.

I always scan the lists by eye, and also by using the browser 'find' feature, to see if there are any new programmes that I might be interested in. Also to update my PVR list if I find any thing.

Previously my fall-back for this has been the iFetch application - which gives a graphical matrix display of available programmes. But this has ceased working with all the recent Beeb changes.

A work-around is to add to the PVR 'Added Since:' field the number 5040 (= the number of hours in 30 days). But this is clunky.

Please restore the listing(s) &/or provide an option for CLS and PVR to show these if required. Thank you.

user-2

If you want to restore that spew of "Added:" lines as an option, send a pull request. However, I don't encourage you to waste your valuable time since the functionality is trivial to replace:

Web PVR: Refresh cache, put 1 in "Added Since (hours)" for all programmes added to cache in last hour, i.e., the refresh you just performed, click Search (with default wildcard), see the exact same list of new programmes with added benefit of links to schedule or download. Search for specific programmes as normal to refine results.

CLI: get_iplayer --refresh --since=1 ".*" [other options...] for all programmes added in last hour, i.e., the refresh you just performed, see the exact same list of new programmes, minus the "Added:" prefixes. Use any search terms you like with --since to refine results.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info