These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Installer integrity check has failed

user-41

As Ian, I'm unable to install get_iplayer_setup_latest: I get the message "installer integrity failed".
There was no installation problem with an older version "setup_4.0" found somewhere, but the program did not work.
I suppressed it via Revo uninstaller (it deletes the register keys) and tried with the "Linux latest version" through Cygwin. But got a "permission denied". And anyway I was not competent enough to succeed that way.
There may be some incompatibility Get_iplayer installer / Windows 7 ?

user-30

Quote:Quote:There may be some incompatibility Get_iplayer installer / Windows 7 ?

I'm running it on Windows 7 without issue and so are thousands of others, so it's probably going to be something peculiar to your setup.

Just so we're sure, you do have the correct installer? It's here:

Windows 7 and 8 get_iplayer installer (single .exe file)

If that is the installer you have, then follow the steps here:

/topic.../#post-951

and here:

/topic.../#post-958

...and report back your findings.

user-41

Thanks very much for the answers. The event viewer is totally new to me.
So I'm not too sure I did the right thing.
But I went to the folder and the file "get_iplayer..." to obtain a report. What I got is
"the file or the folder is damaged and unreadable" (I translate from french).
Since other people have no problem, I guess the reason must be different from
the Windows diagnostic?

user-2

I have moved this to a new topic since it has nothing to with the issue covered in the topic where it was originally posted.

The installer is perfectly compatible with Windows 7. If the installer fails the integrity check, it means it has been corrupted somehow. There is no way for us to know what is causing the problem on your machine. It could be your browser, your antivirus, your download manager, etc. The file is not corrupted on the server, so something went wrong when you downloaded it. Try downloading again, or perhaps download on a different machine if one is available. Google the error message (in English) and you'll find a number of results, though I can't say that any of them will provide a solution. The installer is built with NSIS, and this is what the NSIS site has to say on the issue:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error

user-41

It worked! Downloading from a different computer! Thanks a lot for the advice.
The whole night to understand how to use get_iplayer before BBC Imagine (1rst one)
disappears!
Thanks again!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info