These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Radio downloads fail when using invalid --aactomp3 option

user-1886

Hi folks,

Having installed get_iplayer 3.0.0 and 3.0.1, my downloads of TV programmes are working fine, but nothing has been working in terms of downloading radio programme. I am, for example, using this sort of code: get_iplayer --pid=b08yrm17 --type=radio --aactomp3

An error message always comes up: 'Assumed to be ffmpeg 3.0 or higher unless --ffmpeg-obsolete'.

Can anyone advise me what to do to get radio show downloads working again?

Many thanks,
Tom

user-2

You could do worse than scroll back and read the beginning of the output. --aactomp3 is no longer a valid option, so get_iplayer dumps a usage message.

user-1886

(26-07-2017, 06:55 PM)You could do worse than scroll back and read the beginning of the output. --aactomp3 is no longer a valid option, so get_iplayer dumps a usage message.

Thank you!

user-1135

It is possible to convert downloaded radio to MP3, see e.g. https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplay...i/aactomp3

If, like me, you want to convert all your radio programs to mp3, see the section here

user-2250

I can't download Sounds of the 60s anymore, since they changed the page for it.

the page ends in "/m0000f3w", instead of the old format and the audio stream is on another page itself.

here, have a look:
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000f3w

This used to be the old format, where I'd just type this into the .cmd and it would get done:
get_iplayer --pid=b07vwdnk --type=radio --aactomp3

Could somebody please help me?

Edit: I'm using the new iplayer and have also added and attachment with the error.

user-2250

(20-09-2018, 11:17 AM)Remove --aactomp3 it hasn't been supported for several releases.

>get_iplayer --pid=m0000f3w --type=radio
Episodes:
Sounds of the 60s - 15/09/2018, BBC iPlayer, m0000f3w
INFO: 1 total programmes

INFO: Downloading radio: 'Sounds of the 60s - 15/09/2018 (m0000f3w) [original]'
 6.9% of ~313.65 MB @   3.8 Mb/s ETA: 00:10:19 (hafhigh1/ll) [audio]

Thank you so much! I can finally listen to BBC on the go again. :)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info