These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Recent 6 Music programmes not indexed due to incorrect --refresh-include value

user-1088

Hi
I'm using the following commands in v3.01 (Windows exe installer) to try & download any 6music Radcliffe & Maconie radio shows. It worked previously, using v2.99, but from a few weeks ago it fails to get the latest:

Code:
"get_iplayer" --get --type=radio --refresh --since=72 --hide --radiomode=best --fields=name "Radcliffe and Maconie" -o "C:\Downloads\R&M" --fileprefix="RM <firstbcastdate> <episode> <pid>" --whitespace --refresh-include "BBC 6 Music"

by running:
Code:
"get_iplayer --cache-init --type="tv,radio"
& then the above routine I have managed to download all programs. However when I run the first routine  subsequently, it fails to get the latest shows.

They're on the BBC's website & I can download them individually using the --pid option.

Having read GiP's website & forum I'm aware a few BBC things have changed, but I can't find a comparable problem or solution.

get_iplayer Output:

get_iplayer 3.01-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

NOTE: A UK TV licence is required to legally access BBC iPlayer TV content

INFO: Getting radio Index Feeds (this may take a few minutes)

INFO: Using concurrent indexing

Matches:
<snip>
20432: Radcliffe and Maconie - Neneh Cherry and Mark Cousins, BBC Radio 6 Music, b08t171f

INFO: 18 Matching Programmes
<snip>
INFO: Radcliffe and Maconie - Neneh Cherry and Mark Cousins (b08t171f) Already in history (C:\Users\_/.get_iplayer/download_history) - use --force to override

user-2

You should be using  "BBC Radio 6 Music" for --refresh-include , or just "6 Music" will suffice. Look at the station name in your output.

user-1088

Aaargh! They changed it again. Thanks #user-2. Unsure why --cache-init worked. but only occasionally.

user-2

--cache-init is no longer valid and would only print an error message, so I assume you mean --cache-rebuild. The reason it worked is because you didn't use --refresh-include.

user-1088

This, with a single dash, still runs for me:
get_iplayer -cache-init --type="tv,radio"

I was upgrading from 2.99 So thought this "read first" page was relevant. Is it not?:
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplay...this-first

user-2

(21-06-2017, 07:48 PM)This, with a single dash, still runs for me:
That's not what you posted. -cache-init is effectively ignored because -c (short form of --command) isn't used during refresh. All you did is a default automatic refresh, which would have include 6 Music programmes.
(21-06-2017, 07:48 PM)I was upgrading from 2.99 So thought this "read first" page was relevant. Is it not?:
No. Things change - that's why there are release notes for each release.

user-2

(21-06-2017, 07:48 PM)This, with a single dash, still runs for me:
That's not what you posted. -cache-init is effectively ignored because -c (short form of --command) isn't used during refresh. All you did is a default automatic refresh, which would have include 6 Music programmes.
(21-06-2017, 07:48 PM)I was upgrading from 2.99 So thought this "read first" page was relevant. Is it not?:
No. Things change - that's why there are release notes for each release.

user-1088

Hmm... if 3.01 notes completely supersede previous, "Read first" should be removed.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info