These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Removing metadata.

user-504

When I download programmes using the GUI (which is awesome by the way) the mp4 created will have tags stored in them from the original flv file. However, I wish these to be removed. I've read that when using ffmpeg you can use the command

Quote:-map_metadata -1

to get the converted file to have no metadata. But I have no clue how to apply that for every file I download. I've tried looking for a config file which will keep these settings.

When converting in the GUI, the programme states

Quote:configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib

How can I edit this configuration to add this command? Or better still, is there a way of completely stripping the metadata on conversion?

user-30

I think this can be done relatively simply. I've not tried it myself so YMMV but it should work...

First thing to know is that you can save you preferences by using a short command in the CLI version of get_iplayer and this will also apply to the webpvr version (for most things anyway). Take a look in the Config Options section of the Wiki for the commands to add preferences.

Secondly, take a look in the Metadata Tagging section of the wiki for options regarding controlling metadata tagging. I think the first listed command will be what you want.

Lastly for reference, this post has an example of adding a preference in the CLI version.

Add those three things together and you should be able to easily put together a command to save a preference of not tagging anything.

user-2

Metadata is not copied from the FLV file. It is added by AtomicParsley after the FLV file has been re-muxed to MP4. Using
Code:
-map_metadata
will have no effect. See the documentation referenced by SP and it will be obvious how to prevent tagging.

user-504

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>I think this can be done relatively simply. I’ve not tried it myself so YMMV but it should work…

First thing to know is that you can save you preferences by using a short command in the CLI version of get_iplayer and this will also apply to the webpvr version (for most things anyway). Take a look in the Config Options section of the Wiki for the commands to add preferences.

Secondly, take a look in the Metadata Tagging section of the wiki for options regarding controlling metadata tagging. I think the first listed command will be what you want.

Lastly for reference, this post has an example of adding a preference in the CLI version.

Add those three things together and you should be able to easily put together a command to save a preference of not tagging anything.

Thank you, just what I needed. Problem solved.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info