These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Re-downloading 'failed' items

user-501

I am trying to download a radio show, but it failed the first time. I'm now not able to download it again as it's in my history.

Is anyone able to explain the command string(?) for re-downloading a radio programme. Sorry I'm not in any way technical, so this may have been answered in the FAQ's but I don't really understand what I am reading.

I just need to know exactly what to type as I'm very good at that :)

Thanks in advance

user-30

Simply add
Code:
--force
to the command and re-run the download. That tells get_iplayer to ignore your download history and will allow you to re-download a previously downloaded programme.

user-501

Thanks - would you be able to detail the full command? I don't know where --force should be put in relation to the rest of the command

Thanks again

user-493

Type

get_iplayer
Code:
--type=radio --get "Programme Name" --force

user-493

But it could be anywhere in the line for example

get_iplayer
Code:
--type=radio --force "programme name"

user-501

brilliant - thank you so much. I'm trying to get to grips with something that doesn't have a shiny interface that makes it easy for me to use, but on the flip side when I type in the right command it works fantastically!

user-493

You're welcome. I just noticed my last post omitted a vital "get", so it should have read

get_iplayer
Code:
--type=radio --force --get "programme name"

I know, it takes some getting used to using command line instructions after using a graphical interface. Actually the manual is very good and pretty detailed but it does take some wading through and that's not everyone's forte.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info