These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

How do I download uncached programmes with web pvr?

user-1790

As a new user after the failure of GiA, thank you for 3.00, it works wonderfully except for the problem mentioned above. I can't download prior episodes of programs still present on iPlayer but not listing in the cache. I use Web PVR manager. Can you tell me where to find the preferences file in order to delete the pid recursive preference if I have it. I am using Mac 10.12.4 on a macbook pro. I know it is supposed to be in $HOME/.get_iplayer but I simply can't find that.
Thanks.

user-1790

Upgraded to 3.01 without a problem, using Homebrew. Refreshed cache. Now I can see and download some series, eg Dr Who three episodes. But older episodes of other series eg Hinterland, and some older single programs, all listed as available on iPlayer do not show on search by name, pid, or url. Perhaps it is not just a pid-recursive issue since the release note suggest that was taken care of.
Any advice gratefully accepted, as with my first post.
Thanks.

user-1790

Sorry for the wasted space. I read Dinky's full release advice and a complete cache rebuild (get_iplayer --cache-rebuild) fixed everything. All old programs still showing on iPlayer are now cached and available.
Hope this helps anyone else with a similar issue.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info