These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

INFO: No specified modes

user-492

I am aware that this has been asked before but I am in the UK and have been using the same settings on the Web PVR for the last year. All of a sudden this evening I am getting the following message on every programme I try to download:

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes (flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow) available for this programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=)
ERROR: Failed to record

Not sure what to do now - can anyone help

user-2

Always check the iPlayer site first before thinking there is a problem with get_iplayer. There is some sort of general failure in BBC iPlayer services.

user-492

Have just noticed a tweet from BBC iPlayer that they are having 'technical issues' tonight so please ignore this - sorry

user-542

It is July 2014, I am in Florida using Expat Shield to give me a UK IP address, I can watch programmes through BBC iPlayer, but I get the above errors (No Specified Modes...) when using get_iplayer. Does anyone know if there are still 'technical issues' with iPlayer? Any Suggestions?

user-30

There are still issues:

Quote:We're sorry @BBCiPlayer & @bbccouk are not working for all users. We are working hard to fix the problem. Please bear with us.
— BBC iPlayer (@BBCiPlayer) July 20, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These forums are archived

See this post for further info