Excluding already-downloaded episodes from PVR downloads
Hi

I've been using Get iPlayer Automator (don't worry, query is not about that) for some time, but it no longer seems to be supported, so I've moved over to get_iplayer using the CLI.

I want to set up a bunch of program searches in the PVR, but I'd also like to exclude episodes I already have downloaded. Is there an easy way to achieve that?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

b0ne5
Take your download history from GiA:

Code:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Get iPlayer Automator/download_history

If you haven't yet done any get_iplayer downloads, copy it to:

Code:
/Users/<username>/.get_iplayer/download_history

If you have already done some get_iplayer downloads, use a text editor to insert the contents of your GiA download history at the top of the get_iplayer download history file. Don't leave blank lines between old and new data.
Thanks Dinky. Great idea, only one slight flaw... for reasons unknown I decided to remove GiA and all it's associated preferences and history files using AppCleaner.

Any other suggestions?
Essentially, you have to get all the PIDs for shows you have downloaded and insert fake records in your download history. See: http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@...09474.html
(03-05-2017, 07:56 PM)b0ne5 Wrote: Thanks Dinky. Great idea, only one slight flaw... for reasons unknown I decided to remove GiA and all it's associated preferences and history files using AppCleaner.

Are the files still in the trash? Or on a previous (Time Machine?) backup? By far the easiest way will be for you to somehow locate your old download_history file if it exists somewhere. I moved mine over from GiA and it worked like a charm.
Sadly not, so I think amending the history manually will be my only choice.

Thanks all for your help.