These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

What information will be included in metadata tags?

user-1761

I have recently installed get iplayer on Mac 10.12.3 using Homebrew along the way. I previoulsy used GIA and tend to only download radio programmes. 

With GIA, the download files included additional date such as programme description and episode number. With get iplayer I am only seeing the iplayer programme name and PID. This may be because I haven't completed the installation properly, but before going into this I would like better to understand the data/tags that would typically be associated with a downloaded file and I can't find an account of this anywhere - apologies if I have missed the obvious. Can anyone advise on this please?

user-2

Quote:I would like better to understand the data/tags that would typically be associated with a downloaded file and I can't find an account of this anywhere
Could you really not be bothered to read the wiki documentation? There is a document devoted solely to this.

user-1761

(03-05-2017, 01:47 PM)I would like better to understand the data/tags that would typically be associated with a downloaded file and I can't find an account of this anywhere
Could you really not be bothered to read the wiki documentation? There is a document devoted solely to this.
I did indeed read the wiki documentation on this topic, but as a new user found it a little unclear. It was not evident to me what type of data should be expected as standard and what was optional. Rather than working through the possible permutations in ignorance, I thought it sensible to request an overview from those more experienced. I have generally found this approach useful in forums and have often benefited from other users being willing and able to offer helpful and constructive advice. Thanks anyway for responding.

user-2

It's not variable. You get all the tags, or none of the tags.

user-1761

(03-05-2017, 08:01 PM)It's not variable. You get all the tags, or none of the tags.
Most likely then a failing on my side. Will work through it again. Thanks for the confirmation.

user-2

A few tags are video-only, and a few others are podcast-only, but again, you don't a choice of which ones are applied.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info