These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Command exit code 1 on a particular pid

user-489

There seems to be something different about this I am unable to download this program
Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xsfrs

I tend to cut and paste various strings from notepad++ with just the pid appended and this is the first program that I've had problems with. This is the output which carries on for all modes

Code:
Matches:
739:    Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey, BBC Four, Arts,Arts Culture & the Media,Factual,Guidance,Life Stories,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey
INFO: File name prefix = Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Failed to open file! C:\Users\User\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Mark Lawson Talks To...\Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey.partial.mp4.flv

INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\User\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Mark Lawson Talks To...\Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP

user-30

1) Check to see if this file exists on your c drive
Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Mark Lawson Talks To...\Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey.partial.mp4.flv
. If it does, delete it and retry your download.

If that doesn't work...

2) What is the exact command you are using please?

3) Re-run your command while appending
Code:
--verbose
to it, then stick the resulting output in a text file and upload it as an attachment here so we can see.

user-2

The problem is that Windows is stripping the trailing ellipsis, so the output subdirectory is
Code:
Mark Lawson Talks To
rather than the expected
Code:
Mark Lawson Talks To...
. Add
Code:
--no-subdir
to your command line for this particular programme and then relocate the file after download. I'll update get_iplayer to replace the trailing ellipsis (already does leading ellipsis) and bump this thread when done.

user-30

Oooh, good spot. I assumed those were added in the output somehow. Never assume, never never assume!

user-489

That was quick! I tried simplifying the command, but clearly removed the wrong bits.

Code:
get_iplayer --modes=best --subtitles --metadata=generic --thumbnail --whitespace --subdir --get --file-prefix="<nameshort> - <episode>" --get --fields=pid b03xsfrs

I've dropped the --subdir as suggested and it's worked except the mp4 retained the temp name.

Cheers, Gents.

user-489

I've pasted an extra --get in there by mistake :o

user-2

Quote:Quote:
I’ve dropped the –subdir as suggested and it’s worked except the mp4 retained the temp name.

Not sure that is even possible. What was the final name of the file?

user-2

get_iplayer is now updated to remove trailing ellipsis. You'll probably never need to do it again, but if you want to try it out see:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/install...itheadwin/

user-489

The file name was something like
Code:
Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey-temp-35446.mp4
the
Code:
Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey.mp4
disappeared instead for some reason. It's never happened before and didn't happen again after retrying on
Code:
--force

Cheers, again. I should be able to wget that direct on my router.

user-2

Quote:Quote:The file name was something like
Code:
Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey-temp-35446.mp4
the
Code:
Mark Lawson Talks To... - David Bailey.mp4
disappeared instead for some reason. It’s never happened before and didn’t happen again after retrying on
Code:
--force

That indicates the metadata tagging was aborted for some reason. That happens very rarely, usually only when get_iplayer output directory is on a NAS. Best to just draw a veil over that.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info