These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Web PVR Features

user-325

I really like the Web PVR - it's a very convenient feature.

One thing I'd like is the option to just list each series rather than each episode of each series. That would mean a lot fewer pages of info to wade through.

Also, is there a way to record every series of a program. Currently if you select a series for recording you get Progname_Series_1, then you have to select Progname_Series_2 when it comes along. I'd like to just be able to record Progname & have it pick up all series.

user-2

Quote:Quote:
One thing I’d like is the option to just list each series rather than each episode of each series. That would mean a lot fewer pages of info to wade through.

It's not something I'm likely to implement myself, but maybe someone else will be inspired. While grouping on series would reduce the number of listings in full results by about 2/3, that still leaves nearly 600 TV listings (and twice that for radio) based on today's data. That's not really a qualitative change. It would make more difference in results from a focused search, but then you already know what you're looking for. Keep in mind that get_iplayer and the Web PVR were created as search tools, not browsing tools. The BBC web site provides that service.

Quote:Also, is there a way to record every series of a program. Currently if you select a series for recording you get Progname_Series_1, then you have to select Progname_Series_2 when it comes along. I’d like to just be able to record Progname & have it pick up all series.

Click a PVR job to edit it. Remove
Code:
\: Series 1
from the
Code:
search0
field and remove
Code:
_Series_1
from the
Code:
pvrsearch
field, then save changes.

user-325

</blockquote>
Click a PVR job to edit it. Remove
Code:
\: Series 1
from the
Code:
search0
field and remove
Code:
_Series_1
from the
Code:
pvrsearch
field, then save changes.
</blockquote>
I tried this, and unfortunately it hasn't worked.
I waited for a new episode to appear, ran get_iplayer --pvr and it found no new episodes. I re-entered the search with the series added, and this time get_iplayer --pvr found & downloaded the new episode.

user-2

It also depends on how you created the original search. You should also remove any
Code:
^
at the beginning or
Code:
$
at the end of
Code:
search0

user-30

Here is an example of a PVR created from the command line. This records every series. Take a look and compare it to what you have and you'll probably be able to work out what you need to adjust.
channel BBC Two fileprefix -- output F:\2 - TV Shows\Top Gear\Season 21 tvmode best type tv search0 Top Gear

These forums are archived

See this post for further info