These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

3.00 running fine here

user-109

Thanks for version 3.00 - currently running here on Ubuntu 16.04 and catching up on the last week's programmes.

lastbcastdate doesn't work any more, as indicated in release notes

Don't think running
Code:
get_iplayer --cache-init --type="tv,radio"

took an enormous amount of time but I didn't sit watching it.

user-1570

After the warnings about cache_init taking 5-10 minutes, I was very pleasantly surprised that it took about a minute on my PC, with a 20 Mbps internet connection. The first time I did it from with the web front end (Refresh Cache) and this took about the same length of time as the command-line cache_init (rather than the previous refresh), even though the first downloaded far fewer programmes.

Let's hope everything works for a while and that the BBC don't throw spanners in the works quicker than the guys at Get-iPlayer can find workarounds.

user-109

I found I didn't have Mojolicious installed, I thought I'd checked it was - I got "INFO: Using sequential indexing".

So installed libmojolicious-perl 6.15 and refreshing the cache gave "INFO: Using concurrent indexing".

One other slight problem: I couldn't find Sunday evening's snooker (b08pms43) in the TV cache, even after I'd refreshed it.

Sunday afternoon's session (b08pms41) and both of Monday's (today's) sessions - b08pmslg and b08pmslj - are there.

Got it OK using the pid but I don't know why it's not in the cache.

NB I ran
Code:
get_iplayer --cache-init --type="tv,radio"
before doing anything else.

Edit: update, solved my own problem.

Having noticed that yesterday evening's Line of Duty was also missing from the cache, I ran --cache-init again just now and both missing programmes are now in the cache. Presumably something to do with my running --cache-init before the programmes were available?

user-982

Perfect!  What else can I say?  Thanks EVER so much for 3.00.  Works perfectly on Windows.  Installation painless.  Cache refresh painless.  Just resumes downloading as if get_iplayer had never broken.  We can guess how much pain behind the scenes was necessary to make up for the lack of XML.   Thanks for keeping it alive.

user-1202

Hi there

I posted this also but for people reading this thread -- on Linux if you don't have mojolicious installed (or perl-mojolicious)  or not available in your repos  then it's an easy 1 line install from here [color=#aa0066]http://mojolicious.org/[/color]  in addition to other the other perl modules required if they don't install by default.

You also don't need to uninstall previous version.

I think we're all pleased that this excellent program is working again

Thanks from appreciative users for all the effort and time put into this project.

Cheers

user-1263

Thanks Dinky for all your hard work fixing this and keeping get_iplayer alive! Works great here.

I've noticed that the AOD xml listings are still alive if that helps radio listings:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio4.xml - EDIT oops! noticed this is still in the source code already.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info