These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Disable cache update in PVR

user-1687

Hi all,

I'm using Refresh_Cache_V0_4.pl to refresh the cache which still seems to work well, but when I run PVR via the web UI it updates the cache normally (which then wipes out what Refresh_Cache_V0_4.pl has done).

Now I know get iPlayer will refresh if the cache is greater than 4 hours old and it could be the amount of time Refresh_Cache_v0_4 takes because it is scraping a lot of html.

If I altered the 14400 in this line to be say 144000
my $cache_secs = $opt->{expiry} || main::progclass( $prog_type )->expiry() || 14400;

Would that solve the problem of get_iPlayer automatically deciding to update the cache?
(This would obviously just be an interium thing until a better way of getting the info from BBC is found)

Also many thanks for the great program and it is disappointing BBC decided to cut RSS.

Cheers
Tel

user-2

There is an option for that. Hint: it is in the line of code you posted

user-1687

Thanks alot.

UPDATE : OK, I got PVR going again, one other gotcha was my original PVR search had a version of default, PVR would find the program, BUT the download would fail because the version should be original.
Removing the version of default in the PVR search fixed that.
(Don't know when that changed, but my old version before today was 2.90 so very likely my fault)

I also have a batch file for downloading via PID if anyone wants it (It asks for the PID and also the file prefix and then runs the download with a hard coded output directory).

NOTE Windows only, but hey, it's working.

Cheers
Tel

These forums are archived

See this post for further info