These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

donations

user-1607

Hi,
Despite the BBC's insistance on breaking the fantistic work that is get_iplayer, i have managed to get years of benefit from both the software and the forum and feel the need to contribute/show my gratitude for all the hard work that has gone in over the years. i cant program and am generally not active enough to properly help on the forum so was wandering, is there a way to donate some £ as a thankyou for all the hard work over the years? times like this really highlight just how much effort goes in to keeping projects like this alive...

user-1664

I agree and would like to have a way to contribute.  I have had great enjoyment from the ability to download and save many of the wonderful programs produced  by the BBC.  The program developers deserve financial support from the many users.

user-2

Speaking for myself: I do not accept donations for maintaining get_iplayer, and I never will. Donate to another open source project you like, give a few quid to someone who needs it, or just buy yourself a kebab and an adult beverage.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info