These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Only AD version available

user-991

I'm posting this under the Windows forum because I'm using Windows 8.1.
The problem I've come across is not a get_iplayer problem (I really don't think) irrespective of what version of G.I.P. is being used.
As there is only one day left to download the Eastenders programme which was originally shown on the 27/03/17, I tried downloading it using the C.L.I. & using the URL,
i.e.
get_iplayer --url http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08...s-27032017 --tvmode=flashbetter
and this is what I get.
WARNING: No media streams for requested programme versions and recording modes.
And even when I try to download it just using,
get_iplayer --url http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08...s-27032017
I get the following message.
INFO: No versions of this programme were selected <available versions: audiodescribed>
So I typed,
get_iplayer --url http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08...s-27032017 --info
and it returned only AD versions available.
But what is confusing is that I had no problem with the episode shown on the 23/03/17 & the episode on the 28/03/17 or any previous episodes. I haven't tried any after the 28/03/17 yet.
I don't expect this to be anything at all to do with G.I.P. & as far as I know I've never experienced it before with any programme that is still within the 29/30day expiry period.
So can anyone enlighten me in what may be happening?
And let me finally say that the AD & SIGNED programmes are a curse to me. Most often I've missed a programme & then when I see it is available I'm all excited that I can finally download it only to find it is only available as an AD OR SIGNED. I think that the BBC  should have a dedicated channel with AD & SIGNED versions for the disabled people & leave the normal channels with the normal versions for normal people. It seems at times there are more AD & SIGNED versions available than normal ones.

user-30

Quote:So can anyone enlighten me in what may be happening?

Yes, the BBC haven't made the non audio described version available, so the only one available is an audio described version. It happens a lot.

Quote:And let me finally say that the AD & SIGNED programmes are a curse to me. Most often I've missed a programme & then when I see it is available I'm all excited that I can finally download it only to find it is only available as an AD OR SIGNED. I think that the BBC should have a dedicated channel with AD & SIGNED versions for the disabled people & leave the normal channels with the normal versions for normal people. It seems at times there are more AD & SIGNED versions available than normal ones.

Boo hoo. Go and cry to the BBC about it. That attitude is not welcome here for it's blatant discriminatory tone, let alone the irrelevance of the statement to get_iplayer.

For the avoidance of doubt, please read the forum rules and adhere to point 14.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info