These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

get_iplayer tells me to specify different mode because the one I want isn't available

user-1618

I am getting this error when using 2.99 please advise as I would like access[Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZSgD8qo.jpg]

user-585

I'm not sure why hlsvhigh isn't available for this. It does look like it exists but isn't being picked up for some reason. I'd suggest you use hvfxsd to get this as the output suggests. You need to do this before 1.55pm if you want this programme.

Any ideas why HLS modes are being missed with this one Dinky?

user-2

BBC changes. Plenty of streams still available. Don't specify recording modes directly and you won't have this problem. Read the doc on recording quality.

user-585

Thanks Dinky. hlsvhigh is ok because there is another option from HVF which is pretty much exactly the same. But although there are no HD streams for local news anyway, if for some reason the HLSHD stream doesn't appear for an HD programme, then there is no similar stream to fall back to (apart from flashhd) because the only equivalent stream is HVFHD which is 50fps. After that you end up with a 540p video.

user-2

They will be restored eventually. Restoration of a couple of streams for ephemeral local news bulletins does not merit a new release.

user-1618

I didn't set the mode I was using the web I terrace not the terminal.  Some streams worked fine others not so much.  And it seems eher selective or intermittent

user-2

You could just as easily have set recording modes in the web pvr. Check the Recording Modes field in Recording settings tab.

user-1618

i've never had to change them before

user-2

iPlayer is not static. Things change that cause problems for get_iplayer. The issue isn't whether or not you needed to change settings before, but whether you need to change them now. If you don't want to bother to tell me your recording mode settings, that's OK. But you'll likely run into the same problem for other local news bulletins if you don't fix them.

user-1618

i don't see how to change it in pvr and keep 832 size oh well

user-2

I see now that you appear to be using get_iplayer outside the UK. Thread closed - see forum rules.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info