These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

the TV/radio options dont seem to work in 2.99

user-21

I have just noticed that programs now download from radio and TV even though I have type set to TV in the pvr scheduler

Code:
Channel BBC One,BBC Two,BBC Three,BBC Four,
fields name, episode
modes good,
output F:\Media\Television\
subtitles 0
thumb 0
type tv
versionlist default
search0 Doctor Who
fileprefix <nameshort><.episodeshort><.senum><.pid><.channel>

now if dr who appears on radio it downloads that as well.
another instance is the classic albums series which I want from the TV but not from the radio.
this did not happen before version 2.99
Is there a way to stop this from happening now

user-2

I don't see any Doctor Who radio episodes available, so there is no way to test your claim. Post your pvr search definition for Classic Albums instead. Also post the output from get_iplayer --show-prefs

user-21

thats odd as 3 programs downloaded yesterday where doctor who was mentioned in the description

you can find the first one with the search
get_iplayer --type=radio sasha
Sasha_Twining.Hot_cross_buns_Gypsy_Moth_IV_and_Doctor_Who.s01e513.p04xk6fp.BBC_Radio_Solent.audio.m4a

get_iplayer --type=radio butterworth
Alison_Butterworth_and_Phil_Trow.Doctor_Who.s01e540.p04ycj8y.BBC_Radio_Manchester.mp3

get_iplayer --type=radio ace
Ace.Doctor_Who_actress_Pearl_Mackie_aka_Bill_Potts.b08kvmpq.BBC_Radio_1Xtra.mp3

I definitely did not request those programs
the point I am trying to get across is that I only have doctor who set to record from TV not radio.

I use that as an example as it happened yesterday but there have been several other instances.
today the programs

The_Odyssey_Project_My_Name_Is_Nobody.Tamrat_in_the_Cyclops_Cave.s01e01.b08mq68c.BBC_Radio_4.MP3
The_Odyssey_Project_My_Name_Is_Nobody.Scylla_and_Charybdis.s01e01.b08m9h2h.BBC_Radio_4.mp3

which come from the radio broadcast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nfgpc
the odyssey project

I have a PVR schedule set up to record the TV series Odyssey

Code:
Channel BBC One,BBC Two,BBC Three,BBC Four
fields name
modes better,good,
output F:\Media\Television\
subtitles 0
thumb 0
type tv
versionlist default
search0 odyssey
fileprefix <nameshort><.episodeshort><.senum><.pid><.channel>

now I thought that it should only record from TV or those particular channels

show pref options are

Code:
Options in 'C:\Users\DRB/.get_iplayer/options'
       nopurge = 1
       radiomode = better
       commandradio = ffmpeg -i "<filename>" -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y "<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3" && del "<filename>"
       tvmode = good
       refreshfuture = 1
       output = F:\Media\Television
       nocopyright = 1

user-2

Sorry - what I meant to say was that I found no Dr Who radio episodes using your pvr search, i.e., I couldn't test your error. I also find no Odyssey radio episodes using your second pvr search. There appears to be no TV series with "odyssey" in the name available from iPlayer, so I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish there.

Your preferences don't show anything amiss. You appear to have entered your pvr search by editing the file, which you should never do, but I don't see any mistakes that would cause this particular problem. And like I said, your pvr searches work for me.  Whatever is wrong only affects you. You'll have to follow our instructions to provide a proper report so we can see what is happening on your system. Only use one pvr search for reporting.

user-2

Also, remove nocopyright from your preferences temporarily so the get_iplayer version number isn't hidden.

user-21

perhaps I havent explained myself properly.
The doctor who issue I use as an example as it downloaded 3 radio programs that have doctor who in the description, not the title  or the series. Each of those programs were daytime talk radio where they were interviewing someone from doctor who
Other programs have done the same thing in the past
My issue is should a program that is only set to record on TV be downloading programs on radio, or a program that is set to download on specific channels be downloading other channels.

I have removed the no copyright option and it is definitely running ver2.99

user-30

Please provide a proper report as requested in order to allow us to help further:

/threa...ou-provide

Make sure to adhere to point 7 please.

user-2

Those radio programmes do not have Doctor Who in the description, but in the episode title. That is irrelevant, however. I understand perfectly well what you're saying, and what you're claiming is broken. You don't seem to understand me, however. I cannot duplicate your errors, and apparently nobody else can, either. You'll have to demonstrate what is happening as I've instructed. If you don't want to do that, that's fine, but you're on your own to figure out what is wrong on your machine.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info