These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Some MP3 metadata fields missing in iTunes

user-1593

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 2.99 and although I've managed to update my options to convert all radio downloads to mp3, when I copy then into iTunes I no longer have the longdesc (I think that's what it was) showing up in the 'lyrics' field in Get Info. There was also a shorter summary in the iTunes 'comments' field that no longer shows up. I think the 'grouping' field used to be populated too, but it's not important.
It's mainly the 'lyrics' field I'd like to get to back as it's nice to have for the info it holds for the guest names and original transmission date that it usually has.

Here's hoping someone cant point in me in the right direction for what I need to add to add to my options file to get these back. At the moment it just has:

commandradio ffmpeg -loglevel error -i "<filename>" -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y "<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3" && del "<filename>"

Thanks,
Langers

user-1365

I'd be interested in getting this working as well as It's damn useful to use Windows 'properties' to get a full synopsis of radio shows.

I've tinkered about (guesswork) with the 'commandradio' command above, specifically 'libmp3lame' parameters without any luck i.e. adding --pad-id3v2 and changing the entry -write_id3v1 to  -write_id3v2, I thought this would work (it doesn't seem to understand --pad-id3v2).

I'll have another go when I get some spare time, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Andrew.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info