These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Subtitles not available for version(s): original

user-1576

Has anyone managed to download any subtitles since the downtime and restoration of the XML feeds?

Using the --subtitles switch currently gives the message "Subtitles not available for version(s): original."  It used to work fine before, so I'm hoping it's just a temporary situation and that the subtitles will be back soon.  But if anyone has managed to get some subtitles, I'd love to know how..

user-2

Nobody can tell you anything if you don't even identify the programme in question.

user-1576

Apologies Dinky.  I've tried it with Cradle to Grave episode 5 and 1066 A Year to Conquer England episode 3, and I can't get the subtitles to download for either of them

user-2

Both work fine here. Pick one programme and  follow our instructions to provide a full report so we can see what is happening on your system.

user-1576

Ok Dinky, I've tried to download The Horizon Guide to Mars (PID b00pp1crx).  It shows as 6401 in the program listing.  Again the subtitles haven't downloaded.  Please find attached the log file.  The files download to my D drive which is an internal 4tb drive, and I've done everything as I did before the downtime of the streams and had never had any problems before. I'm using v2.99 (having upgraded just before the feeds disappeared) on a Windows 10 64bit machine

iplayerlog.txt

user-2

Thanks for the log. Change your recording mode from flashvhigh to hlsvhigh. The BBC appear to have changed how subtitle resources are defined for flash streams, so I'll have to deal with that at the code level. You should stop using flash streams, anyway. They will disappear in the next release.

user-1576

Thanks Dinky, tried it and it worked!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info