These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

get-other terrestrial channels, subtitling & PVR

user-416

Greetings all!

Brand new on the block. Get-iplayer is fantastic - it's in Ubuntu DreamStudio 12.04 LTS, on my laptop - but still I have a couple of general questions:

1) are options similar to get-iplayer also available for ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5?

2) how to add foreign subtitles (German, French, Spanish, Dutch, etc) to get-iplayer downloads - either before (through a Terminal command, I imagine) or after downloading?

3) What is PVR exactly -and how does it work? Never heard of it before,,,

Thanks in advance!

tnob

user-2

Quote:Quote:
1) are options similar to get-iplayer also available for ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5?

Here we're get_iplayer-only, and thus BBC only. I will say that both C4 and C5 use DRM encryption, so you're unlikely to find a similar option.

Quote:2) how to add foreign subtitles (German, French, Spanish, Dutch, etc) to get-iplayer downloads – either before (through a Terminal command, I imagine) or after downloading?

Again, beyond our scope. There is plenty of information about subtitling on the net. If you have a question about the English subtitles provided by the BBC, feel free to ask.

Quote:3) What is PVR exactly -and how does it work? Never heard of it before,,,

That's what the links in the site header are for. Read the documentation re: PVR functions. If you run into problems, create a new forum topic,

user-2

Quote:Quote:
2) how to add foreign subtitles (German, French, Spanish, Dutch, etc) to get-iplayer downloads – either before (through a Terminal command, I imagine) or after downloading?

If you have a command-line subtitle application, you can integrate it with get_iplayer via the
Code:
--command
option. See:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/documen...m-commands
https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/documen...parameters

These forums are archived

See this post for further info