These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Replacement for Tag option "--prefs-add --tag-fulltitle"

user-15

I am using the WebPVR in v2.99 on Windows 10

The required tagging syntax seems to be "--prefs-add --tag-format-title=<relevant substitution parameter>" (note the equals sign). I have tried "title", "name", "longname" plus several others from the Substitution Parameter list.

Get_iplayer accepts these as valid options and updates the "options" file.

However when downloading a programme, the Title is simply shown as the word "title", "name" or "longname".
Looking at the Options file, I see a line, for example, "tag_formattitle name". If I edit this to show "tag_formattitle=name" then at least I get a tag in the recorded programme which usually is just the Episode name.

It could be that there is a bug which incorrectly adds the preference to the options file by omitting the "=" sign.

Secondly whatever substitution parameter I use, I can only get the Episode name. This begs the question, are the substitution parameters working correctly?

I am still desperately looking for a tagging option that replicates the old "fulltitle" option.

PS I have previously posted this in the get_iplayer list but this hasn't elicited a reply so far.

user-2

There is no bug. You omitted the angle brackets used to denote substitution parameters and possibly didn't quote the value of --tag-format-title. Read the release notes for get_iplayer 2.98 for examples of what I think you are trying to do.

user-30

Here's the relevant passage

Quote:Some obsolete tagging options (replaced by auto-configuration) - see --tag-* options in list below
  • Use the --tag-format-show and --tag-format-title options to customise programme/episode names in tags.

• Replace --tag-fulltitle with --tag-format-title="<title>" or --tag-format-title="<name>: <episodeshort>". Use --tag-format-title="<name>: <episode>" if you wish to include episode numbers.

user-15

Many thanks for putting me straight (RTFM I hear you say!). I had totally misunderstood the syntax but now all is clear.

My options file now contains   tag_formattitle <name>: <episodeshort> which is exactly what I wanted.

Also thanks for maintaining get_iplayer which is a great program.

user-2

Release notes aren't set in stone. Things get added in the days after release in order to deal with questions like this, so you should always check again before posting. That said, most deprecated features have now been removed, so such questions are less likely to arise in the future.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info