These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

'Web Proxy URL' not used during PVR run

user-364

I've noticed that in the Web PVR Manager, when a proxy is entered in the 'Web Proxy URL' field of the Recording settings tab, it is used when a programme is recorded using the Record function in Search, but not when using the 'Run PVR' function. There isn't a field for 'Web Proxy URL' in the PVR List either.

Is there a way to have the 'Web Proxy URL' setting used when recording using the 'Run PVR' function?

user-364

After experimenting around with the Web PVR Manager tabs and settings, I think I've worked out how to do this now.

Makes me feel a bit sheepish I didn't think of doing it that way originally.

user-30

If you have worked it out, would you post the solution please? If not, I'll remove the thread as 'I figured it out, see you later' type posts are the scourge of forums everywhere and I'd rather just remove it than have someone stumble across this facing the same problem and have the promise of a solution snatched from them.

user-364

I originally expected each entry previously added to the PVR List to read off the various fields, including Web Proxy URL, in the Recording settings tab every time Run PVR is performed.

I realised later that the settings used for each entry in the PVR List is that from the Recording settings tab when the initial 'Add Series' was done, and that a fresh 'Add Series' needed to be done for every PVR List entry whenever any field in the Recording settings tab is subsequently changed.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info