These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Web PVR search list is blank

user-1520

This is a strange one and I apologise if it is already here somewhere (I have searched on the forum, checked the guides etc.).

I have a Windows 10 system with the latest version of Get_iPlayer, well two in fact. My current system works perfectly well (but I had to completely disable UAC to get the files downloading anywhere outside of my user folders), but my new system (with UAC intact and using a standard Administractor profile instead of the "hidden" admin profile) appears to be working when I refresh the cache, shows files being identified but then shows nothing in the list of available programmes.

I did have this before on my old system but after either a windows update or a Get_iPlayer update, but can't remember what I did to resolve it.
I use Firefox as the browser, have tried turning the Windows firewall off and can't think what to try next.
Is this a browser issue or something with the system itself?
Has anyone else seen this issue?
I tried a fresh install of Get_iPlayer, also tried copying over files from my current system and then tried both again. I have tried cleaning up the "old" version repeatedly (because it says on installation that it was installed for a previous user) but can't see what else on my system is still befing referenced - I have deleted all files, edited registry entries and still it refers to a previous version.
I'm not even sure that is what the problem is anyway.

Thanks in advance.

user-2

(02-02-2017, 09:23 PM)I have tried cleaning up the "old" version repeatedly (because it says on installation that it was installed for a previous user) but can't see what else on my system is still befing referenced - I have deleted all files, edited registry entries and still it refers to a previous version.
That's not what it says. It only warns you that if you're installing under a different account than you normally use with get_iplayer that you will need to complete the cleanup yourself. The whole point is that the installer doesn't know if the previous installation was done under a different account.

I have no idea what you mean by "shows files being identified", so you had better post a screenshot to show what is happening. You should also check whether or not you've merely screwed up your settings. Post the output from get_iplayer --show-options, and also try to do a search from the command prompt, e.g., get_iplayer Taboo. If that doesn't return results, the problem is in get_iplayer, not the Web PVR.

user-1520

** EDIT: I have found out what the issue is. I will post my original response intact because {a}I have gone to the effort of getting all the information for you and {b} it will give you and the other forum users a good laugh.
The original response is below **

Just to be clear, on my current (working) system, the "user" is my name, but the new system was set up with a user of "me". That was why I started getting the error message.
However, I have followed the instructions to clear everything I could find of the Get_iPlayer installation from my new system and even then went through the steps to rename the "user" to match my current system, but I still seeing the same message each time I reinstall Get_iPlayer.

Anyway, to answer your specific points, when I say "shows files being identified" I mean that performing a cache refresh shows radio programmes being added;
[Image: http://www.wildgrove.org.uk/Hosted Images/Refresh.jpg]

But then when I go back to the search page and refresh that, it shopws nothing available:
[Image: http://www.wildgrove.org.uk/Hosted%20Images/search.jpg]

Here is the result of the --show-options instruction:
Code:
C:\Users\Adrian>get_iplayer --show-options
WARNING: Deprecated option(s) found in C:\Users\Adrian/.get_iplayer/options:
WARNING: aactomp3 = 1
WARNING: Deprecated options will be removed in a future release
INFO: Use --dump-options to display all valid options
WARNING: Deprecated option(s) found in ./.get_iplayer/options:
get_iplayer 2.97-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Options from Files:
        aactomp3 = 1
        output = C:\Applications\get_iplayer

Options from Command Line:
        showoptions = 1

Options Used:
        aactomp3 = 1
        encodingconsolein = cp850
        encodingconsoleout = cp850
        encodinglocale = cp1252
        encodinglocalefs = cp1252
        isodate = 1
        output = C:\Applications\get_iplayer
        showoptions = 1

Search Args: .*

Here is the result of performing a search for radio programmes:

Code:
C:\Users\Adrian>get_iplayer --type=radio "quiz"
WARNING: Deprecated option(s) found in C:\Users\Adrian/.get_iplayer/options:
WARNING: Deprecated option(s) found in ./.get_iplayer/options:
get_iplayer 2.97-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
19616:  News Quiz Extra: Series 19 - Episode 1, BBC Radio 4 Extra, b08871kg
19617:  News Quiz Extra: Series 19 - Episode 2, BBC Radio 4 Extra, b0890f2r
19618:  News Quiz Extra: Series 19 - Episode 3, BBC Radio 4 Extra, b08bwvgm
19619:  News Quiz Extra: Series 19 - Episode 4, BBC Radio 4 Extra, b08chtsg
21618:  Round Britain Quiz - Programme 10, 2016-17, BBC Radio 4, b086nzgd
21619:  Round Britain Quiz - Programme 11, 2016-17, BBC Radio 4, b087psl7
21620:  Round Britain Quiz - The Final, 2016-17, BBC Radio 4, b088f0nb
24065:  The News Quiz: Series 92 - Episode 1, BBC Radio 4, b086tg0g
24066:  The News Quiz: Series 92 - Episode 2, BBC Radio 4, b087ts7k
24067:  The News Quiz: Series 92 - Episode 3, BBC Radio 4, b088jj6g
24068:  The News Quiz: Series 92 - Episode 4, BBC Radio 4, b08bbnc4

INFO: 11 Matching Programmes

**EDIT: So, just in case you haven't spotted it, having done all this I theorised that as the command line search is clearly working, it might be something I have missed in the web PVR settings, so I fired it up again to double check.
I noticed that the "channels containing" parameter was entered as "Radio4", not "Radio 4". So I added the space and refreshed the page.
Guess what?
Now I will log off and give myself a good slapping for missing something so obvious.

Thank you anyway.

p.s. - as the support for conversion to mp3 is showing as being 'deprecated' and likely to be removed in a future release, will there be a replacement setting to achieve the same thing?

user-2

Well-spotted. Have a slap from me as well :)
Quote:p.s. - as the support for conversion to mp3 is showing as being 'deprecated' and likely to be removed in a future release, will there be a replacement setting to achieve the same thing?
No, but there are many ways to convert files. See the FAQ list for a link to some suggestions.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info