These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can GIP work on a Windows 10 Tablet?

user-991

I know that GIP works on Windows 10 but will it work, especially the CLI, on a tablet that is running Windows 10?
Thank you on advance of any replies.

user-30

It should work where Windows 10 works, as long as it isn't the RT version.

user-991

Thank you for that. I haven't got a tablet at the mo & I was asking because then if I get a tablet it would be easier on certain circumstances to carry around with me instead of a laptop.

user-1328

I know it's an old thread, but I have a Linx 10 Win10 tablet and GIP works fine.

user-991

Thanks for your post Ding. I've only just read it now. I still haven't got a tablet yet but at the time of my initial question I was doing some research into what was available in tablet terms & I was looking at all sizes from 8", 10" & 12"/13" ones. I was checking the full specs etc but I did want a Windows 10 version & not Android as I'm more familiar with Windows. I've got no experience of Linux although all my phones have been Android. I have seen the Linx brand that you have & it looks like a good buy. So as of now I still haven't got one yet but will do in the near future. Can I ask, do you use the PVR function of G.I.P. or can you still use the C.L.I.? You see on my Laptop I only use the C.L.I.

user-67

Yeah, I've had it work on a 8" tablet (I can't recall the make), but also have it on a Asus T102HA convertible.  It worked last week:-)

user-1328

(20-04-2017, 05:51 AM)Thanks for your post Ding. I've only just read it now. I still haven't got a tablet yet but at the time of my initial question I was doing some research into what was available in tablet terms & I was looking at all sizes from 8", 10" & 12"/13" ones. I was checking the full specs etc but I did want a Windows 10 version & not Android as I'm more familiar with Windows. I've got no experience of Linux although all my phones have been Android. I have seen the Linx brand that you have & it looks like a good buy. So as of now I still haven't got one yet but will do in the near future. Can I ask, do you use the PVR function of G.I.P. or can you still use the C.L.I.? You see on my Laptop I only use the C.L.I.

I only use it for downloads with the CLI, not the PVR side of it, that's on my HTPC.  I'm not sure the PVR would be that good on a tablet really...

The linx tablet is ok, don't expect a very fast PC experience, it's worth it's money if you want to stick with windows and not go to Android.  The beauty is using full MS Office etc if needed.

user-991

Thanks Ding,
I'm glad that you can use the CLI on the tablet & I've seen the prices of the Linx which are very good but as you have pointed out that there are limitations to the performance but that would be expected considering the price. But for initial portability if one was away from home for a short while, it would do the job. And as you have pointed out, one has the advantage of using other Windows software as well. I've got nothing against Android or even Linux, although I've not had any Linux experience yet, but I've been a DOS & Windows user since the beginning.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info