These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Web PVR Manager: No response to clicking "Add Series"

user-1473

Hi,
I am new to these forums and new to the Web PVR Manager although I have been using get_iplayer on an off for a number of years using the GUI front end written by Father Simon Rundell to do searches. (as an aside I cant find any mention of this helpful little GUI in these forums as it saves time entering searches).

Up until now I have waited for the programme to be available on the BBC iPlayer website and download it manually but on occasions have forgotten. I would therefore like to use the PVR Web Manager function to set up future recordings.
I have tried to read the Guides and searched the internet but there does not appear to be a concise user guide to use this software. Can anyone point me to a guide that gives examples of usage please. I am particularly having problems trying to set up a Series Link. I have searched for the program (Drama on Radio 4) and the result has been returned. However when I click on Add Series under the action column nothing appears to happen. Should I see the program appear in the PVR list?
Am I doing something wrong or missing a step
I am using the latest build of Get iPlayer downloded by the Get latest iPlayer executable and Google Chrome to view Web PVR Manager.
Many thanks
Fozzie

user-2

(28-11-2016, 11:15 AM)However when I click on Add Series under the action column nothing appears to happen. Should I see the program appear in the PVR list?
That sounds like a problem fixed in v2.97, so you probably don't have the latest version. Check the version number at the bottom of the Web PVR manager page.

user-1473

Firstly thanks for suach a quick reply. 
You were absolutely correct. I was still on version 2.95 which is strange as I used the get_iplayer_setup_latest.exe to download and install what I thought was the latest version. I assume this executable only updates the get_iplayer not the Web Manager?

I now have another minor issue in that I cannot delete recorded programs. I tick the box to select the program to delete and select Delete from the menu but I get an error message No Files Deleted followed by the file name. 
The effected entries are greyed out and most are where the original files have been moved or deleted Is there an ini or xml file that holds these "Phantom Files" that can be edited to remove their entries?

Many thanks Again
Fozzie

user-2

(29-11-2016, 06:33 PM)You were absolutely correct. I was still on version 2.95 which is strange as I used the get_iplayer_setup_latest.exe to download and install what I thought was the latest version. I assume this executable only updates the get_iplayer not the Web Manager?
It updates both. Installers have the version number in the file name since 2.95. You used an obsolete installer from somewhere, so it wouldn't have updated your machine.
Quote:The effected entries are greyed out and most are where the original files have been moved or deleted Is there an ini or xml file that holds these "Phantom Files" that can be edited to remove their entries?
Greyed out means the associated file has been moved or deleted. You can't delete history entries from the Web PVR Manager. You must edit the file C:\Users\<username>\.get_iplayer\download_history. However, there is no reason to delete those entries.

user-1473

Thanks Again Dinky. Much appreciated.
Fozzie

These forums are archived

See this post for further info