These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Removing a pid/show from history?

user-1346

Is there a way to remove a show from history so that it will download again without a '--force' command?

This would help me greatly replace some shows I have accidentally erased without having to check for them all the time.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

user-493

I've done this by editing the download_history file using a proper text editor such as Notepad++. Note that Windows Notepad does not display the formatting properly, so don't use that or Word!

The file is to be found in C:\Users\yourprofilename\.get_iplayer. Make a backup copy of the history file before you edit it!

You need to search for the PID of the programme you wish to remove from history, delete that line (the PID is the first item shown in that line) and save the file.

Alan

user-1346

Oh, that will work. Thanks.

user-911

Why not just add --force to the prefs file with get_iplayer --prefs-add --force ?

That way, if it needs it, it will use it and you won't have to worry about it.

user-2

(21-11-2016, 05:44 PM)Why not just add --force to the prefs file with get_iplayer --prefs-add --force ?

That way, if it needs it, it will use it and you won't have to worry about it.
Not a good idea. Don't do that unless you want to  permanently ignore the download history checks for every programme you ever download in the future. If you move any output files (past or future), you won't be saved by the file overwrite check, so you'll end up wasting bandwidth downloading programmes you already have. Since you already have to know which programmes are missing in order to edit the download history, it's quicker and easier just to use --force.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info