These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Cannot figure out how to set "nopurge" option

user-550

Hi

Having changed PC to Win10 Pro, I am not sure if this is an issue with that or some other factor.

When I run the cmd file to download PVR selections, I am always getting the 'Do you want to purge these old files' type of request, which must be answered. This completely stops my script when run from Task Scheduler. Not helpful if you are going away for a while.

I have read Dinky's answer to other threads on this matter and found them not to be helpful. In spurfilm's 'Request to delete' thread, Dinky's reply was :-

"get_iplayer has always prompted to purge old files by default, but older Windows installations suppressed it mistakenly. If you want to know how to suppress the prompt, see --nopurge inĀ options list in wiki. "

Now, I have added nopurge to my options file, it is in fact the only option at the moment, and I still get the same deletion prompt.

I have also added the --nopurge option into the cmd file and I still get the same deletion prompt.

I am in the same position as spurfilm. A change to Win10 and this apparently new option is occurring and seems to be unstoppable by the methods referred to by Dinky.

I am sorry to say that despite all his efforts, that was not your finest day, Dinky.

There are no examples of the syntax for the options file that I can find and although older Windows installations may have suppressed this mistakenly, it now appears that new ones can enforce mistakenly whatever we do.

at present 'nopurge' or '--nopurge' appear to be ignored and I am seeing a broken methodology that has worked fine for several years. I hope we can get to a solution soon.

Neil

user-2

Future readers: It was the OP who was having the bad day. If you have this problem and can't figure out what you're doing wrong, see:

/threa...ml#pid4876

Thread closed - follow up on above thread.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info