These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

boost audio for radio and podcasts only

user-250

Can someone (Dinky) remind me how I boost the audio of radio and podcasts only by say 2x without post processing my files?

user-1026

Do you mean increase the volume?

user-250

Yes, increase the volume.

user-2

You can't avoid post-processing - the files must be re-encoded.

user-1026

Use ReplayGain to add tags to the files that if your media player supports it will play at that volume. Foobar2000 is the best audio player that will do this for you/ You can set the default -db level to whatever you like. You can also permanently add this volume change to the files (mp3gain & aacgain etc) using Foobar2000.

user-250

What I've done is use ffmpeg , I was wondering how to automatically call it after iplayer has run without hacking the perl.

:: call ffmpeg to transcode all mp3 files recursively and save in mp3 directory
:: assumes ffmpeg is in path

set outdir=00louder-mp3
set volume=3
:: setting volume above 3 may distort
if not exist %outdir% md %outdir%
::md %outdir%
::pause
set quality=5
for /r %%f IN ("*.mp3") DO ffmpeg -i "%%f" -acodec libmp3lame -q:a %quality% -af "volume=%volume%" "%outdir%\%%~nf-louder%volume%x.mp3"

user-2

That sounds familiar -

/thread-970.html

user-250

Doh! My short term memory is shot;) , Although this is slightly different, it is recursive.

Dinky
Can you give me a --command example. I can't get it to work.

I tried

get_iplayer  --type=radio --force --pid=b07z3cw2 --output="D:\Media\getip\000test" --command="ffmpeg -i \""<filename>"\"  -acodec libmp3lame -qa:5 -af "volume=3"  \""<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3"\""  

it ignored the volume=3 setting to ffmpeg?

probably obvious.

Whereas if I run ffmpeg from the command line, it works fine.
ffmpeg -i <infile> -acodec libmp3lame -q:a5 -af "volume=3 " -o infile-%~nf

user-2

Construct your commands more carefully. The audio quality option format is invalid in both. You also haven't escaped the quotes around the audio filter option value. You can get away with that in this case, but more complex filtergraphs may need the surrounding quotes preserved.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info