These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Web PVR Manager broken by Google Chrome 53.0.2785.101 and Opera 40.0.2308.62

user-985

Hi,
I have found that when using the web PVR interface recently that the 'Apply settings' and 'Save as default' buttons do not work when using the Chrome browser on Windows 10. I click the buttons and nothing happens.

They work OK when using Firefox.

This means that I can't set my preferred default settings when using my normal browser.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Lee

user-2

Works fine here. You'll have to be more specific about why you think it doesn't work.

user-985

Because I change some settings and then click on 'Apply settings' and nothing happens.

If I do it in Firefox then when I click on 'Apply settings' the little 'busy' wheel spins in the tab and the web page refreshes, and I can see activity in the 'get_iplayer' cmd window.

If it works for you then it is probably because I have done something here so I will investigate further and let you know what I find.

Thanks

Lee

user-2

If the page doesn't refresh when you click Apply Settings then yes, something is wrong on your machine. You would see such behaviour if Javascript is disabled, but that isn't the Chrome default.

user-763

The current release of Google Chrome browser Version 53.0.2785.101 (64-bit) is not working correctly with the get_iplayer Web PVR.

'Embedded' actions such as 'Click to list', 'Click to for full info' and any action in the 'Actions' column are not working.

Chromium browser Version 52.0.2743.116 works OK as does Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.

Just a 'heads up', I expect it will be resolved in a future Chrome browser release.

user-2

@errfmt: Thanks for the heads-up. That explains why I couldn't replicate the problem when it was reported earlier - my Chrome hadn't updated.

This looks like a Chrome bug to me, and there is no easy workaround that I can see. I can code around the problem, but it's a PITA and won't be of immediate help to users. I'm also reluctant to expend any effort if Chrome is only going to be fixed in a few weeks. I'll wait until the next Chrome release and reassess. For now, use another browser.

EDIT: This turns out not to be a Chrome bug, but implementation of a WHATWG spec change. get_iplayer must be updated to work around the change.

user-985

Good. That explains why it's not working for me.

Thanks

user-2

A fix is now available in get_iplayer development version. Given the scale of the damage (Firefox also now affected), a new release will be forthcoming fairly soon.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info