These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Radiomode "best" is not what it used to be?

user-1257

It used to be  (and still described as such) Radiomode = best should fetch (And it did before) 320kbps or its aac equivalent. However, recently hls maxes out at 128kbps - and now flashmodes are ignored.

here is an example of a program:
modes: original: flashaachigh1,flashaachigh2,flashaacstd1,flashaacstd2,flashaaclow1,flashaaclow2,hlsaacstd1,hlsaaclow1
modesizes: original:flashaachigh1=214MB,flashaachigh2=214MB,flashaacstd1=86MB,flashaacstd2=86MB,flashaaclow1=33MB,flashaaclow2=33MB

obviously the only 320kbps stream is flashaachigh. I have specified that mode in the .pvr file for the program, but it is ignored and substituted by the general option "best". 

1. Should not the pvr file option override the global option
2. What is the future of HD Radio, if flash option will soon be deprecated?

user-2

Your claim cannot be checked if you don't identify the programme in question.

user-1257

here is one: b07qc355 and here is another b07sxsql

(Late Junction Sept 2016 episodes)

user-2

Both of those programmes are as they should be, with all 320k streams in all formats available. Check them again yourself with --info. If the results are the same as your original post, then I suspect you are simply using an obsolete version of get_iplayer. If so, upgrade to the latest 2.96 and check again. Old versions of get_iplayer are not supported.

As to your pvr question: a) options in a pvr job are not overriden unless you do so explicitly; b) "best" isn't in force if you only get 128k files for Late Junction, even in an obsolete version of get_iplayer; c) I don't know what you mean by "general option" - did you set it somewhere? Use --pvr-list to verify your pvr job contains what you think it should. If it does, and you want to pursue this issue further, you will need to provide enough information for diagnosis. Follow our instructions to submit a full report and use --pvr-single to test only the pvr job at issue. Otherwise, we will have no idea what is actually happening on your system.

user-1257

I think the problem is solved, thanks for your time and confirmation that you see all the modes available. The answer, as always in real estate, is location, location, location :)

thanks again!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info