These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

2.96 has deleted all my old recordings

user-985

Hi,

I have just installed 2.96 over the top of 2.94 using the new installer and it seems to have deleted all the recordings that were in my previous Output directory. The folder is empty and they are not shown on the get_iplayer Recordings web page.

I have a backup of the folder where the recordings and the 2.94 get_iplayer code were installed.

I am using Windows 10.

Is there some way that I can restore my old recording so that get_iplayer will know about them?

Thanks

Lee

user-2

The installer doesn't touch the contents of your output directory. Post the output from get_iplayer --show-prefs and - if you remember it - the full output path you were using for 2.94.

user-985

Hi,

The output from "get_iplayer --show-prefs" is..
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer> get_iplayer --show-prefs
Options in 'C:\Users\Lee/.get_iplayer/options'
output = H:\Backup\Data\Daddy\Videos\iPlayer
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>

The output path mentioned above is the same one that I was using for 2.94.

Under 2.94 (and older versions) I had the get_iplayer code installed in the same folder as the output folder for the recordings.

I can see that the 2.96 installer deletes the folder that contained the 2.94 code, but in my case that folder also contains my recordings.

Lee

user-2

Given your description, I think the installer is to blame after all since it doesn't anticipate your type of configuration being used in conjunction with the installer. Not that it will be much comfort to you, but I will issue an updated installer as soon as I can.

I can't offer any advice about Windows file recovery. I'm sure there are numerous utilities that can do that. Perhaps someone else here has experience in that area.

user-985

Hi,
It's not a problem as I do a daily backup. I copied the old 2.94 folder, which included code and recordings, back to where it should be, then I reinstalled the 2.94 code but this time I specified that the code should go in to the standard 'c://program files..." folder. I then installed 2.96 and now it all works fine.
Thanks
Lee

user-2

That's good news. Sorry for the scare. The installer has been updated and old versions withdrawn, so hopefully you're both the first and last person to encounter that problem.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info