These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

PVR not working

user-649

Hi People

I've noticed that the --pvr or --pvr-run option does not work in the current release (for me) - It registers no hits. However if I run --pvr-run PVRname, get-iplayer finds programs and downloads as usual.

What should be the standard permissions of the PVR files and does anyone have any ideas what is happening?

I've written a simple bash script which works and itterates through the PVR list (if it helps anyone else
Code:
!/usr/bin/env bash

cd /home/pi/.get_iplayer/pvr
for i in *; do
 get-iplayer --pvr-run $i;
done

user-2

We can't even guess what is happening on your machine if you don't show it. Read our instructions before posting. Without a proper report, we have no clue what you are really doing, and no way even to attempt diagnosing what is wrong with --pvr functionality on your machine.

user-649

Um, I'm not sure how the output will help you but here it is 

pi@PiServer ~ $ get-iplayer --pvr
get_iplayer v2.96, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Running PVR Searches:
pi@PiServer ~ $

However, runing get-iplayer --pvr-run program where program is a saved  PVR search from pvr-add in the .get_iplayer/PVR folder works

i.e. 

pi@PiServer ~ $ get-iplayer --pvr-run pointless
get_iplayer v2.96, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Running PVR Searches:
Pointless
[normal download info here]

Hope this helps

Sorry for the abridged data - I usually run get-iplayer overnight - I'll Provide full log from tonight's action

user-2

If you had followed our instructions, the output might actually be useful.

user-649

Ok here is the verbose output for the pvr run(log.txt) and for pvr-run pointless (log2.txt - I've killed the download as it is in peak time-> expensive)

log2.txt
log.txt

user-2

Thanks. As you can see, all the files are accessible in both cases. Now dump the output from get_iplayer --pvr-list to a file and post it as an attachment.

user-2

Ignore that last post. I see your problem now. You have a bogus entry in your options file:

search (modes=tvworst,radiobetter)

That kills the pvr searches. Remove the options file entry.

user-649

Thanks - that seems to have solved the problem

Sorry about the confusion re earlier posts, I was interested in seeing whether I (that I had) had borked get-iplayer (and thus needed to fix it) or if it was an artefact of recent changes in the code due to problems with BBC changing format.
I really appreciate such awesome help - Thanks again

These forums are archived

See this post for further info