These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Series downloads not going to custom folder.

user-627

Hi everybody,

Bit of a quick and odd question, has anyone run into this problem recently?

- A direct one off download happily heads off to 'D:\Downloads\iPlayer' as set in GUI
- An automatic series download in the 'PVR List' insists on heading to the desktop folder.

Can't figure it out it's a recent development since the 2.95.x releases (had not updated for a while) is there a separate location in a config file somewhere that I've not found or is it a spot of duff code for the series based downloads?

I would ignore it but don't want my SSD getting clogged up so I normally offload the downloads to a HD until I do something with them.

Cheers in advance for any help :)

EDIT: Just noticed that one off's list the output dir but series items do not, could this be the cause?

user-2

(22-08-2016, 09:40 PM)EDIT: Just noticed that one off's list the output dir but series items do not, could this be the cause?
Bingo. The simple solution is to set the output directory in preferences from command prompt. See TV guide in Guides section.

user-627

Thanks for the reply, I've run ....

Code:
get_iplayer --output "d:\downloads\iplayer"

And it spewed out a long list of series PID's and exited normally, can't see any difference in the pvr list but will update when I next download something that's in the series queue.

user-2

That won't help. Re-read the examples in the TV guide carefully, remembering that you want to set the option permanently in your preferences.

user-627

Hi user-2

I was a bit blurry and tired and stopped reading when I hit the first bit in the guide, I had a quick re-read and ran this.
Code:
--prefs-add --output "D:\Downloads\~~iplayer"

Again nothing changed in the PVR List, I decided to add a new series and found that does list the correct directory. I believe somewhere between the (rather) old version I was using and these new versions something must of changed in the way the downloads might of been handled. See below examples...

Old series download:
Code:
fields name
modes hvfhd1
subtitles 1
thumb 1
type tv
versionlist default
search0 ^Brazil with Michael Palin$

New series download:
Code:
fields name
modes best
output D:\Downloads\~~iPlayer
subtitles 1
thumb 1
type tv
versionlist default
search0 ^Britain's Hardest Workers: Inside the Low Wage Economy$

The old ones do not have the output flag but were happy to send them to my specified folder, most odd.

Thanks for taking the time to help. :)

user-2

(23-08-2016, 08:50 PM)
Code:
--prefs-add --output "D:\Downloads\~~iplayer"

Again nothing changed in the PVR List
Changing preferences does not change PVR jobs retroactively. It wouldn't make much sense.
(23-08-2016, 08:50 PM)I believe somewhere between the (rather) old version I was using and these new versions something must of changed in the way the downloads might of been handled. See below examples...
No. You appear to have configured your output directory in the Web PVR as well, which means the setting made with --prefs-add will be superfluous for new pvr jobs, though it will be applied to old pvr jobs that lack the output option
(23-08-2016, 08:50 PM)The old ones do not have the output flag but were happy to send them to my specified folder, most odd.
Not at all. Stored preferences will be used unless overridden by command line options or Web PVR settings.

user-627

I only ever set the download folder in the Web PVR when I last installed (ages back when the hls stuff came online) and just left it to it, it never gave issue until the other day when I chucked 2.95.x to get 50fps support.

I just manually added the output field to the series in my pvr folder after I posted as it only took a minute, at least I now know why it was having a turn. :)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info