[SOLVED] Failed to download JSON PID info
#1
After upgrading to 3.09 I get the message:

WARNING: Failed to download JSON PID info: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09k1f9h.json
WARNING: Could not determine PID type (b09k1f9h). Trying to record PID directly.
Matches:
INFO: 0 matching programmes
WARNING: Could not download programme metadata from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09k1f9h.json
ERROR: Failed to get version PID metadata from iPlayer site (JSON)
WARNING: No programmes are available for this PID with version(s): default

After installing 3.07 again, all is working fine.
#2
This issue still exists in 3.10.0

Again back to 3.07 and it all works fine.
#3
Quote:WARNING: No programmes are available for this PID with version(s): default

Try a different version?
#4
I don't get any radio versions with 3.10.0

https://pastebin.com/mvqA9BRF

Compared to that of 3.07.0

https://pastebin.com/432pxA9z
#5
I have tried your get_iplayer --pid b09k1f9h --info on Windows 7. It worked fine for me on both get_iplayer 3.07 and 3.10.

My ~/.get_iplayer/options has type radio and a couple of related settings. @mastermonkey I suggest that you play around with your options in case one of those is giving you grief.
#6
This is all I have in my options file.

get_iplayer Output:

C:\Users\XXXXXXXX>get_iplayer --prefs-show
Options in 'C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\.get_iplayer\options'
       whitespace = 1
       radiomode = haf
       expiry = 31536000
       type = radio
       force = 1

Even if I remove the options file completely, I still have the same problem with 3.0.10.

Thanks for your suggestion, perhaps it is a Windows 10 thing.
#7
The same command worked for me on a Windows 10 host with get_iplayer 3.10 and no options file. A download (by removing the --info) worked too.
#8
No idea what it could be then. Between the two outputs, the only change to my computer is get_iplayer yet 3.07 works and 3.10 doesn't.

I guess I'll wait for dinky to highlight what obvious thing I've missed and how much of an idiot I've been. :-)
#9
Issue solved.

I just updated to 3.11 but initially it still didn't work. It turned out Kaspersky was blocking Perl. Don't understand what changed since 3.07 though but it's working now which is the most important thing.


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ERROR: Could not parse JSON PID info: Strike - The Cuckoo's Calling (outside UK) brasko 1 704 28-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: dinky