get-iplayer snap cannot write in /media unless "removable-media" interface connected
(16-01-2019, 04:19 PM)GF3 Wrote: Hello.
I have been using get_iplayer for quite a few years. I am moving away from windows 10 to Linux Mint XFCE (19.1). And I have a minor problem. I have two hard drives on my system. Drive 1 is a 120gb SSD and hosts the operating system and drive 2 is a 500gb mechanical drive for storage. In the past I would set get_iplayer to save downloads to my VIDEO folder on the 500gb drive by running the command get_iplayer --prefs-add --output "D:\VIDEO" and it would be fine. Now in Linux Mint the 500gb drive is listed as sdb /sdb1 (the ssd drive being sda -sda1). The path to the VIDEO folder is: /media/xxxx/500Gig/VIDEO/  (the xxxx is my username).

You have to use a backslash at the beginning of the file path:
so it should be:
get_iplayer --prefs-add --output /media/xxxx/500Gig/VIDEO

Putting a "/" at the start tell the system to use the root (First level) of your system.
if you don't have that Backslash, the system assumes you want to use the current folder you're in as the start and then it creates the folders accordingly (as you've found out!) :D

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving DOWNLOADS to another folder on another drive - by s0litaire - 16-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RPi with USB pen drive: "Failed to open file /media/iplayer/program_name.mp4" error PBTwo3 2 3,479 28-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: PBTwo3
  patch for 2.94 , remove comments in media headers fosswizard 4 4,534 30-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dinky