get_iplayer forums

Full Version: Radio downloads fail when using invalid --aactomp3 option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

Having installed get_iplayer 3.0.0 and 3.0.1, my downloads of TV programmes are working fine, but nothing has been working in terms of downloading radio programme. I am, for example, using this sort of code: get_iplayer --pid=b08yrm17 --type=radio --aactomp3

An error message always comes up: 'Assumed to be ffmpeg 3.0 or higher unless --ffmpeg-obsolete'.

Can anyone advise me what to do to get radio show downloads working again?

Many thanks,
Tom
You could do worse than scroll back and read the beginning of the output. --aactomp3 is no longer a valid option, so get_iplayer dumps a usage message.
(26-07-2017, 06:55 PM)dinky Wrote: [ -> ]You could do worse than scroll back and read the beginning of the output. --aactomp3 is no longer a valid option, so get_iplayer dumps a usage message.

Thank you!
It is possible to convert downloaded radio to MP3, see e.g. https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplay...i/aactomp3

If, like me, you want to convert all your radio programs to mp3, see the section here
I can't download Sounds of the 60s anymore, since they changed the page for it.

the page ends in "/m0000f3w", instead of the old format and the audio stream is on another page itself.

here, have a look:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000f3w

This used to be the old format, where I'd just type this into the .cmd and it would get done:
get_iplayer --pid=b07vwdnk --type=radio --aactomp3

Could somebody please help me?

Edit: I'm using the new iplayer and have also added and attachment with the error.
(20-09-2018, 11:17 AM)GeoffSmith Wrote: [ -> ]Remove --aactomp3 it hasn't been supported for several releases.

>get_iplayer --pid=m0000f3w --type=radio
Episodes:
Sounds of the 60s - 15/09/2018, BBC iPlayer, m0000f3w
INFO: 1 total programmes

INFO: Downloading radio: 'Sounds of the 60s - 15/09/2018 (m0000f3w) [original]'
 6.9% of ~313.65 MB @   3.8 Mb/s ETA: 00:10:19 (hafhigh1/ll) [audio]

Thank you so much! I can finally listen to BBC on the go again. :)